Thursday, November 15, 2007

Round Up

Cool architecture-The Flowerbox Building

Jen, from Brooklyn, photographs her breakfast everyday. The photography is beautiful. Check out Simply Breakfast.

You have probably heard of Tiny URl, but what about Decent URL?

K. sent me this list of Medical Wikis. Thanks K.

Have you heard of Veropedia? Veropedia is a collaborative effort by a group of Wikipedians to collect the best of Wikipedia's content, clean it up, vet it, and save it for all time. These articles are stable and cannot be edited, The result is a quality stable version that can be trusted by students, teachers, and anyone else who is looking for top-notch, reliable information .

The squeamish might want to move past this, but MedlinePlus has videos of surgeries and other medical procedures.

Wellcome Images contains over 40,000 biomedical images from the Wellcome Library"s collections. Lots to feast your eyes upon here.

Check out this catalog card generator.

Garden-opoly, Dog-opoly, Birdopoly, Mayberryopoly, Canadaopoly, Strippopoly (obviously for adults),Collegeopoly,Cocktailopoly, ,Dino-Opoly, Horse-opoly, Wine-opoly, Cat-opoly and finally the one that I one that I yearn for Bookopoly. I probably shouldn't even think about this, but wouldn't it be fun to collect all of the 'opoly games? Hmmmmmm

I have always like magicians. I mean really liked them. I never actually wanted to be a magician, but I was always fascinated by them. I came across the name Fetaque (pronounced Fee-Take) Sanders and now I am searching for information on him. Fetaque Sanders was an American of African descent magician who toured with the USO during WWII. He performed for the black troops in the then segregated Armed Forces. After WWII he made his living by performing at black schools. Here are some posters featuring him. Some more information on Mr. Sanders.

I leave you with a bit of autumnal splendor.



Have a good weekend and a wonderful holiday.

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." John F. Kennedy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a red tree just like that around the corner from me. I was gonna take a pic of it and post it. You beat me to it.