Friday, November 02, 2007

Round Up

Minimum wage laws in the United States. It's heartbreaking that the minimum wage is so paltry. In a wealthy country like this the lowest salary should be $50,000 a year.

Check out all of the cool packing tape. I was excited when I found Christmas packing tape a couple of years ago.

The Turkel House located in Palmer Woods in Detroit, Michigan was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, was originally built for Mrs. Dorothy Turkel. The house built 52 years ago has been suffering from neglect. The house has been purchased and is being restored. Flickr has photographs of some of the restoration.

21 amazing facts about pigeons (yes, pigeons)

I've fallen in love with yet another china maker, Johnson Brothers. I particuarly like their village scenes and castles.

I am starting to like more and more things with villages on them. I don't know what it is, or how someone's tastes can change so much. I would have never liked anything like this sort of busy china or anything villagey, but now I do. I may have to go and get a jigsaw puzzle that has a village. Yes, I do jigsaw puzzles. I used to do a couple every year at Thanksgiving. I haven't done one in awhile because I just don't seem to have the requisite patience it requires, but I might have to try anyway.

Martha Stewart has a blog and it's updated everyday. Say what you will about this woman, but I can't have a lot of bad feelings for anyone who loves Halloween the way this woman does.

I am not even going to say anything about this, but look at this forest swastika.

AbeBooks has a list of literature's scariest characters. Can you think of any others?

I am a mushroom lover. I keep thinking maybe I should attempt to cultivate my own. Look at this video about growing mushrooms in a laundry basket with straw?

Have a good weekend.

"Wit lies in recognizing the resemblance among things which differ and the difference between things which are alike." - Madame De Stael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about minimum wage. Also, I'm gonna check out Martha's blog. I love Halloween, too.