Thursday, November 08, 2007

"K"

What the hell is it with all of these "K's"? I am so sick of seeing words that are generally spelled with a "C" spelled with a "K". It seems like this inappropriate use of "k" has krept (crept) into all walks of life.

During the 60's there was the creative use of "k" in Kanada and Amerika. There are all of these kutesy (cutesy) names like Kathy's Kut and Kurls and Kwik Kuts. Businesses that have intentionally spelled their names incorrectly drives me bonkers. Some more oh so cutesy names of businesses: Kopy Korner, Kandy's Kandies, Krazy Customs and Katy's Cookies.

And what about Krazy Kat.

Or Krazy Glue.

I could go on and on, and you are probably thinking, she's left out the biggest "K" abuser of all. Krispy Kreme. So, even though Krispy Kreme has given me many moments of sugary bliss, many moments when everything was indeed right with the world; to be fair I must include them in the Inappropriate Use of the Letter K Klub, I mean Club.


"...simplified spelling is all right, but, like chastity, you can carry it too far." - Mark Twain, The Alphabet and Simplified Spelling speech, December 9, 1907

No comments: