Friday, November 30, 2007

Round Up-Part 2

So I think I've found some more commercials that I am totally charmed by. The Starbucks Christmas commercials are running neck and neck with my beloved Tractor Supply Company commercials.

Have money to burn and looking for a unique gift for someone. Check out Cloud 9 Living.

There was a time when I took a lot of cabs (company was paying). Out of the hundreds of cabs I rode in, I only had 1 female cab driver. She was great. First of all, her cab smelled wonderful. As soon as I sat down in the cab, she asked me if I wanted to listed to some music, and if so, what type. That was probably my best cab ride ever. She talked about her kids, she was in school, etc. As opposed to the toothless, garlic-reeking male drivers who had the nerve to try and flirt. Eee gads!!!!! Melissa Plaut is a female cabbie in New York City. Here's her blog and she's a blogger with a book deal.

And speaking of New York, some clever person has created site of movies that have filmed in New York.

I'm not making a gingerbread house this year, but that won't stop me from virtually making a gingerbread house. Here and here. Too cute!!

The gingerbread houses that I have made were pretty standard. I never thought of trying out different architecture. I always wanted to try and make a Victorian gingerbread house, but then would chicken out and go for the standard. Look at this mid-century modern house for sale at Red Envelope. This looks kind of like a 1 level version of my childhood home.

Now for some book news. The 2007 book lists have started. The New York Times is alread out with their 100 Notable Books of 2007. Also, the Best Illustrated Children's Books of 2007.

I was telling A. the other day that I sure would like to get some applewood to burn in the fireplace. We're going to look locally for some, but if all else fails the Internet to the rescue. Firewood.com can send you the wood of your choice. They also carry beautiful birch wood.

Uh-oh. I found another 'opoly.

I have had a thing about castles since I was a kid. I become awed by photographs of them, so I can just imagine how I would be if I ever got to see Neuschwanstein Castle or Dunbeath Castle (Ireland).

There are "castles" in America too. The Richthofen Castle in Denver is a castle with an interesing story behind it. The Castle was built by the uncle and grandfather of the Red Baron, Baron Manfred von Richthofen. His name was Baron Walter von Richthofen. The castle was already built by the time the baron's famouse nephew was flying the skies.

And of course, the castle is supposed to be haunted. (scroll down to the middle of the page to read about the castle-one day I'll learn how to link to other areas on a webpage)

So I found a new online game Picto. I thought oh this is simple. How can it be a game? Silly, silly, me. I can only get up to 15. See how you do smartypants.

Cool dentistry library blog and great tips on what to do with all of that Halloween candy.

Have a nice weekend.


"How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” Dr. Seuss

No comments: