Friday, February 20, 2009

Round Up

If you are a blogger sign up for Ada Lovelace day. Ada Lovelace Day is an international day of blogging to draw attention to women excelling in technology.

The World Beach Project is a global art project with an online gallery that features stones that have been gathered from beaches around the world.

The Carnegie Hero Fund was established to recognize those that perform acts of heroism in civilian life.

I like the jewelry at Farm Chicks.

To call Louis Armstrong a horn player is like saying that Rita Hayworth had pleasing looks. Both understatements to the nth degree. Apparently Satchmo also was a collageist.

I've stated before how I am just nuts for wooden architecture especially this sort of wooden architecture.

Bookshelf blog.
Is your home decor a little bit country? Check out Farmhouse Wares, cute things and my home isn't even a little bit country-I am, but my home isn't.

The Fat Finch for all of your bird loving needs.

Take the Presidential Health Quiz-drats, I missed one.

Academic Earth-video lectures from the world's top scholars.

List of the New York Times blogs.

The President Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum is going to get an upgrade. Great, I love Jimmy and Rosalyn.

Add OED online to your browser.

Good on you Margaret Atwood. Good on you.
I'm sure most of you have seen the Keep Calm and Carry On posters. Here is the very interesting story about them.
If you have any interest in cave living there is a home up for auction on eBay for you.

That's all for this week. I leave you with this winter scene. I hate to see winter go. In a couple of weeks we will have to "spring ahead", which I loathe and then warm weather will also be here, which I also loathe. I'm going to keep myself surrounded by cold weather images.
Happy Weekend.

"O Winter! ruler of the inverted year, . . . I crown thee king of intimate delights, Fireside enjoyments, home-born happiness, And all the comforts that the lowly roof Of undisturb'd Retirement, and the hours Of long uninterrupted evening, know. " William Cowper

No comments: