Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Round Up

R.I.P. Blossom Dearie

This is so very cool. Forme of Cury is a rare medieval cookbook complied by King Richard II's master cook in the 1390's. The University of Manchester's Ryland Library is digitally photographing each page so that it can be uploaded to the Internet.

Do you have any old USB thumb drives (memory sticks)? Wolfner Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped could use them.

If you are a skull lover like I am then you must visit the Skull-A-Day blog.

Check out the fabulous Penguin Blog and Travel Around the World in 80 Books. I would love to work for Penguin, love to.

I love these butter chips from P.O.S.H. Chicago.

I love the entire idea behind the Toy Society. I have been known to leave paperback books in various spots hoping that some book lover will find the book and love it as much as I did. Or even better, maybe that book will turn someone into a book lover. Here's the Toy Society's Facebook page.

Congratulations Stump, a 10 year old Sussex Spaniel (that's right 10 years old) for winning the Westminster Kennel Club Best in Show.

The nation's oldest public library is in danger of closing. As you can see by the comments someone is contesting the library's "oldest public library" status. Here is more information on the library's situation.

Live language lessons on your computer-Myngle.

Bailey Doesn't Bark has some very nice coffee mugs. I really like the hand-drawn quality of the designs.

Diggin' these crochet covered stones. I am a knitter, but I have never learned how to crochet. I want to learn I just keep putting it on the back burner.

Another online store that I like-American Crafts.

I don't want to give anything a way. Visit the Joseph Cornell Box site and learn about this incredible artist.

Bentomom's photostream-I wish she would make my lunch for me. Today I have a hard boiled egg and an orange.

It's so nice to see that this man is the real deal. Plus, I love that he uses libraries. Here is another article about this incredible hero pilot.

Here is an update on the World Newspaper Archive.

Curious about the investors who invested with Bernie Madoff? I just typed in the name Stephen and here is the result.

I know that I am not the only glossary lover out there. Here is the Glossary of Local Government terms.

List of legal scholarly repositories.

I may post again before the week is out. If not, have a wonderful weekend and a loving Valentines Day.



An example of what love looks like:


"I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enought to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak in the knees when they walk into a room and smile at you." Anonymous

No comments: