Thursday, November 17, 2005

Songs

One of the things that I haven't talked about much in this blog is music. I like all types of music. A. and I have a lot of cds and they run the gamut from Mozart to Leroy Anderson, from Buju Banton to Peabo, from Ella to Jill Sobule, from the Moody Blues to Dean Martin, from Martina McBride to Django Reinhardt, from Paul Hardcastle to Nat King Cole, from 3 Mo' Tenors to Usher, from Renee Fleming to Etta James, from Israel Kamakawiwo'ole to Dan Fogleberg, from the Carpenters to Los Indios Tabajaras, from The Smith Sisters to Maroon 5, from Lavay Smith to Mahalia Jackson,from Sarah Brightman to Shakira, from Evelyn Glennie to Ottmar Liebert,from Keiko Matsui to Joe Sample. I could go on and on and on and on.

Since I am always making lists and I've been quite bored lately my newest list has to do with song titles. I am trying to make a list of song titles that ask a question.

So far I don't have very many. This is much harder than I thought. If you know of any please feel free to send them my way.

Here goes (title and performer or title and composer:

1. Is That All There Is? Peggy Lee
2. Aint' That a Shame? Fats Domino
3. What'll I Do? Written by Irving Berlin-performed by
many.
4. Ain't It a Pretty Night? Floyd Carlisle (composer)
5. Do You Know the Way to San Jose? Dionne Warwick
6. What's Goin' On? Marvin Gaye
7. What's Happening Brother? Marvin Gaye
8. What's Your Name? Don & Juan
9. Who's Sorry Now? Connie Francis
10.Are You Lonesome Tonight? Elvis Presley
11.What Do You Get When You Fall in Love?Dionne Warwick
12.Are You There? Dionee Warwick
13.What Can I Say? Boz Scaggs
14.Why'd You Lie? Colin James
15.What's It Gonna Be? Dusty Springfield
16.When Will I Be Loved? Everly Brothers
17.What Child Is This? Adolphe Adam (composer)
18.Why Don't You Do Right? Peggy Lee
19.Aren't You Glad Your You? Rosemary Clooney
20.Do I Love You? Ella Fitzgerald
21.Why Do Fools Fall in Love? Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers
22.Can I Get A Witness Marvin Gaye


Okay, that's all I have.

No comments: