Monday, November 14, 2005

Don't Cha

Most people that know me well know that I love all sorts of music and that I love to dance. Perhaps that is why I can't get that Pussycat Dolls song Don't Cha out of my head. I liked their rendition of Sway, but at least it wasn't trapped in my head like Don't Cha is. Most people who know me, especially those people from "back in the day" know that I am a frustrated burlesque queen anyway. I may look like a mild-mannered, midle age whose hobbies could be doily making and reading, but believe you me-inside there's a wild, militant barfly trying to escape. Perhaps that's what appeals to me in this rather sexist song. Right now I wish that I were somewhere dancing my heart out to it either tune; sexist or not.

Over the weekend I heard that Coke is phasing out Diet Vanilla Coke and Vanilla Coke. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's probably all for the best. I have really been doing a half-decent job of having only a couple of Cokes a week, and must have sucked down enough Vanilla Coke to float the Queen Mary (yes, I know she doesn't float anymore). Oh my goodness, Vanilla Coke was wonderful, and oh so addictive. So long sweet friend.

Most of you are already of aware of Google Maps, but are you aware that Google Maps can be used to track your calories and mileage?

I'm all for political correctness, but this is taking things a bit to far. I won't even get on my soapbox about censorship, etc., but I am outraged about this. What the hell is wrong with Harper Collins? They already made a huge faux pas when they colorized Charlotte's Web (IMO)now this. And stop making Goodnight Moon so huge. It's supposed to be a cozy, not Olympic size swimming pool sprawling. Geez!!!

I leave you with something that has probably made Geoffrey Chaucer's bones tremble. The lyrics to Shaft in Middle English. Can you dig it??

No comments: