Monday, October 17, 2005

Flu Shot

Well, it's that time of year again. Do I get a flu shot this year or not? Every year I go through this. Yes, I have asthma, therefore I am in a high risk group so I should get a flu shot. I did get a flu shot 2 years ago at my doctor's and others urgings. Before that I hadn't had a flu shot since I was an undergrad.

I was attending an all female school and I lived in the dorms. They were always telling us to get a flu shot each year. You know, the close quarters, etc, etc. I did get a flu shot one year when I was in school and promptly caught the flu. From that point on I hadn't had a flu shot until 2003.

Last year I was furious because my 80 year old father had to wait to get his flu shot while perfectly health 20,30,40 year olds were lining up to get there shots. I was ready to smack every single one of them. I really do think there are some people who feel that if something is free they are going to stand in line to receive it. I don't care if it's shit on a shingle-if it's free they'll be there.

That being said the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America has a flu shot finder on their website. Just type in your zip code and you should be able to find where to get a flu shot in your area.

yamai wa ki kara
"sickness is a thing of the spirit"
-Japanese Proverb

No comments: