Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Not A Prude

I am not a prude. Nudity and sex to me are just part of life. I have never understood why people will watch, and worse yet, let their children watch hours upon hours of television violence, but let a breast be exposed and all hell breaks loose.

That being said I do think that people can show a bit of modesty about themselves. And before I go any further this is not sour grapes-I repeat-NOT SOUR GRAPES. I am not writing about this because I am no longer a size 6 or 15 years old, and I'm mad about it. Okay I'm a little irked that I haven't been a size 6 in years, but that's only normal.

The other day we were driving home from work and I look over and walking up the street were two young women. They were probably 15 or 16. The one had on a short skirt. Very short, but unless she bent over all was well. It was the other hoochie-mama-in-training that caused me and everyone else on the road to do a double-take. This girl had on shorts so short that her entire thuttocks area was exposed-all of it. I don't know why she just didn't put a t-shirt on and a thong and strut her stuff on the street.

This is all about good taste. Personally I find it very distasteful when women dress in this manner. To me it just shows a certain lack of self-respect, and it upsets me that she's so young. Yes, I wore hot pants back in the day, and a lot of other annoying items, but my thuttocks were always covered.

Then, maybe I'm just getting old and conservative. I hope not-especially the conservative part. I'd rather eat glass in a Russian gulag in December than to be that.

No comments: