Tuesday, March 08, 2005

100 Things....

I've noticed that a lot of bloggers have entries consisting of 100 things about themselves. I thought this was a cool, self-absorbed thing to do. It could be cathartic and fun. I had no idea how difficult it would be to come up with 100 tidbits about oneself. It took me awhile, but here goes.

1. I can't swim.
2. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
3. I recited Twas the Night Before Christmas in its entirety at the age of 5.
4. Pretzels mashed up in French Vanilla ice cream-Yum
5. I have never seen the movie E.T. or read the novel Moby Dick.
6. I am absolutely crazy, crazy, crazy about dogs.
7. I had a blood transfusion in 1993.
8. My blood type is A-.
9. I attended nursing school, but did not graduate.
10.I was a Girl Scout for a very long time.
11.I absolutely adore Julie Andrews and Judi Dench.
12.I have never read a comic book.
13.I was president of the Science Club in high school.
14.I attended a small, Catholic, all girls college.
15.I want to change all of the YIELD signs to STOP signs.
16.I would love to own a Craftsman's home.
17.Pizza without pineapple annoys me.
18.I love fall, spring, winter-loathe summer.
19.Favorite cartoon-Jonny Quest (had a crush on Race Bannon).
20.I watch hours and hours of ice skating.
21.I think the world is a better place because of WD-40, Duct Tape and Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser.
22.I am not a huge fan of reality shows
23.Would love to spend my days going on factory tours.
24.Do not like to talk on the telephone.
25.Love train travel.
26.For a very short time period I played the flute.
27.My favorite musical is Flower Drum Song.
28.Have been working in libraries on and off for the last 31 years.
29.I love to dance.
30.And see dance movies.
31.I was never baptised.
32.Love the smell of Play-Doh.
33.I was very good at archery in high school.
34.Don't like baseball-like baseball movies.
35.I am child-free by choice.
36.It annoys me when I find out that people don't read.
37.I am a knitter.
38.Desperately want a tattoo.
39.I would really like to treat others as I want to be treated.
40.Can eat raisins out of a box, but not eat raisins in anything.
41.I suffer from nightmares.
42.They are recurring.
43.I can milk a cow.
44.If I am outdoors at twilight I become extremely melancholy.
45.I like the smell of gasoline and fire.
46.I miss my grandmother terribly. She was such a kindred spirit.
47.People seem to always underestimate me.
48.Bright light, especially artificial light affects me like noise.
49.Was one of the first females in my high school to take woodshop.
50.People who blow their noses at the dinner table-smack them-lots.
51.I would like to be a better listener.
52.I save dryer lint and hair and put it outside for the birds.
53.Peonies are my favorite flowers.
54.Lilacs are my favorite flowers for scent.
55.I have every card that my beloved has ever given me.
56.I am a maniac about being on time.
57.I have had 2 back surgeries.
58.I love board games.
59.I always feel that life is passing me by.
60.All of the women in my family have a much longer 2nd toe.
61.I loathe my workplace so much that at times I could just shriek.
62.I always think the crows are trying to tell me something.
63.I named my younger brother. That was my gift.
64.I have very expensive tastes, but a poor pocketbook.
65.I like bagpipe music.
66.I have never tasted Kool-Aid.
67.Dyed my hair with it once though.
68.Spiritual-yes. Religious-hell no.
69.The love of my life still makes me shiver (George Benson song)
70.I love all kinds of music except gansta' rap.
71.Find manicures and massages heavenly.
72.I weighed 39 pound in 1st grade and 72 pounds in 6th grade.
73. The theme song to the Magnificent Seven is one of my favorites.
74.I abhor boxing, wrestling and Nascar.
75.Like magicians-don't like mimes.
76.I do not get Bob Dylan.
77.I am scared of water lilies.
78.And the garbage disposal.
79.I love movies.
80.I do not drink coffee.
81.I am an introvert.
82.I love single-malt scotch.
83.I don't care for the scent of lavender-and feel bad about that.
84.Cheapskates get on my last nerve. I just want to moon them.
85.I like harpsichord music.
86.I find loud people to be annoying.
87.Find snow to be magical.
88.Prejudice of any kind sickens and saddens me.
89.I am a procrastinator about the big things in life.
90.I dearly want to live by the ocean. Have since I was a kid.
91.I want to learn how to play bridge, bellydance and weave.
92.Baskin & Robbins Pralines & Cream ice cream-to die for.
93.Went to camp numerous times as a child and loved it.
94.I have a thing about hands. Especially male thumbs.
95.Suffer from test anxiety.
96.Find office work stifling.
97.Love Canada.
98.I transport insects outside and free them.
99.I sang in the chorus from 7th grade to 12th grade in high school
100.I love card games-Bid Whist, Spades, Tonk, Gin, Rummy & Poker .

No comments: