Friday, March 02, 2012

Round Up

R.I.P. Jan Berenstain

Help save Jeju Island.

Good Grief-check out the very extensive Legacy Tobacco Documents Library.

Found yet another candle that I would like to add to my growing candle wants-Gritty City Prohibition Candle.

Digitized love letters of the Brownings-lovely.

Article on literary executors, "keepers of the flame."

I had no idea that Griswold cast iron is so collectible. If memory serves I think my mother has some of their pieces. More on the history of the Griswold Company.

How clever! I love the refrigerator at The Penguin Press.

I would love to have a jar of honey from the bees at the Paris Opera House.

I have been looking for just the right globe as a gift for my niece. The globes at ImagineNations are fabulous, way out of my price range, but they are so creative.

My dream purse-Proenza Schouler.

Heaven forbid, but if your house were on fire what would you grab? See what people would grab at The Burning House Project.

The Curiosity Shoppe has some delightful items. This pillow is adorable.

Love Canada and I am learning more about this country from the Canadian Encyclopedia.

P.O.S.H. Chicago has a very nice selection of restaurant china and dinnerware.

2 books have sparked an interest: Horten's Miraculous Mechanisms(Sterling Publishers) by Lissa Evans and Handheld Pies: Pint Size Sweets and Savories (Chronicle Books) by Sarah Billingsley and Rachel Wharton.

I adore the author Pam Houston, so much so, that I even read her short stories, and I am not a short story fan. Here is the Flickr set to her book, Contents May Have Shifted (W.W.Norton).

Good article on preserving Americans of African descent's academic library history.

That's all I have for this week. It kills me, but I a going to post a "spring" photograph. Have a nice weekend.



"Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life." Brian Andress

No comments: