Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Round Up

2 books that have sparked an interest: The Sweet Sixteen: The Journey That Inspired the Canandian Women's Press Club (McGill-Queens University Press)by Linda Kay and Moon Tides: Jeju Island Grannies of the Sea (Seoul Selection) by Brenda Park Sunoo.

Wonderful sentiment-the Holstee Manifesto. I guess this manifesto is similar to Desiderata was back in my day-when I used to get called "Miss". I had Desiderata on the wall of my room when I was a teen. Still love the words.

Please don't tell A., but I have once again been cheating on him-from afar anyway. I have a huge crush on Robert Krulwich. There it's out in the open now. I've been jonesin on him for quite a few years now. From Radiolab, to all of the pieces he does for NPR-his Krulwich Wonders blog is one of my favorites, Mr. Krulwich I salute you!!!!!

Old Maps Online-hours of perusing fun!!

Inever knew there were leather license plates. And if you have one it is worth a pretty penny.

Family of Rock family trees.

Tupac Shakur Collection debuts at Atlanta University Center Library.

I think I would like Dr. Lucy Worsley's job.

The ways that humans alter their bodies has always interested me, especially foot binding. Reshaping the Body: Clothing and Culture looks like a very interesting digital exhibition. I see they have a section on Lotus Shoes.

Love a good essay and after looking at Flavorwires list of 10 contemporary essayists I see I have a few more to add to my TBR list.

Interesting article on why we have sliced bread.

I've been saying this for years-people are getting ruder and it stinks!!!

8 places with scrumptious looking doughnuts\donuts-and not one of them in my area-DRATS!

Appropriately named sweet-Fat Ass Fudge.

I became fascinated with invasive species when I worked at the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Library. We had a lot of reference queries about zebra mussels. Well there's a newish invasive species in town-Rock Vomit. Ewwww....

To travel without luggage (even 1 carry on can be a bother) would be heaven. I thought this was something that only the super wealthy could do, but the prices on LugLess aren't that bad.

This is something else that has been making the rounds just like the Holstee Manifesto. Portia Nelson's (she was an actress and singer) Autobiography in Five Short Chapters.

That's all for this week. Have a good one.



"Acceptance of one's life has nothing to do with resignation; it does not mean running away from the struggle. On the contrary, it means accepting it as it comes, with all the handicaps of heredity, of suffering, of psychological complexes and injustices." - Paul Tournier

No comments: