Thursday, March 08, 2012

Round Up

This bear just cracks me up . Real photograph or faux-it's hilarious.

It's International Woman's Day (March 8th). (can't link to the site, but here is a nice history of International Woman's Day)

I'm not going to provide a link, but I am so thrilled that I don't live in Virginia.

Locating London's Past

Chotie Darling-World War II letters from Richard "Dicker" Williams to his sweetheart Chotie.

2012 Ted Prize-usually this prize is given to a person; this year the prize went to an organization-The City 2.0. Love TED.

Heaven-the recipe for Laduree's Macarons Framboise. You know I am not a Francophile, but I was raised by one and I live with one. It seems like I am becoming a bit more enamored with France as time goes on. Who knows I may go to France to taste the real Laduree's Macarons.

30 years of Banned Books Posters.

Ooh la la-Flirty Aprons.

You have probably heard of Gilbert and Sullivan's HMS Pinafore Song, I Am the Very Model for a Modern Major General. Let me introduce you to I Am the Very Model of a Modern-Day Librarian sung to the same tune as Gilber and Sullivan's song. (scroll down a bit to find the song)

I am old enough to remember working in a public library and using the rubber stamp Lazy Susan on a regular basis. Crazy about the Library History Buff Blog.

So someone else besides me is a lover of the two-lane road.


I am smitten by BBC Radio 4's Desert Island Discs. I could listen to them all day long. The host of the shows asks various folks, authors, politicians, singers, celebrities, etc. what 8 records they would take if they knew they were going to be stranded on a desert island. The program has been airing since 1942.


Artist Marc Johns' drawings rock.


The First World War Poetry Digital Archive. I had to type that 3 times. I kept putting the word Digital before the word Archive. Hmmm.......


Top 50 romantic lines from literature.


That's all for this week. I would be remiss if I didn't complain about "springing ahead" this weekend. I have complained every years for the last 7 years on this blog about how much I hate DST, about how I want/need it to be ligth at 6:00 a.m. and dark at 6:00 p.m. every day, about how I don't understand what purpose it serves being light at 9:00 p.m, about how much I hate going to work in the dark, about how sorry I feel for the kids waiting for the schoolbus in the dark, and on an on. I know my loyal blog readers wouldn't want to miss hearing all of that for the seventh year!!




Have a good one.

"If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your neck?" ~ Linda Ellerbee






























No comments: