Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Round Up

Happy Birthday Charles Dickens (200th), Laura Ingalls Wilder and Sinclair Lewis.

I would love to have 1 or 2 of the Spineless Classics on my walls.

10 scientists robbed of a Nobel Prize.

6 bookcase wallpapers.

I made one New Years Resolution this year, and that was to make purchases from independent bookstores. I get books from various resources-Paperback Swap, I usually have books on hold at my local public library and I purchase books from various places. My resolution for 2012 was tomake a monthly purchase from an independent bookstore every month. And you know what I totally forgot to purchase anything in January. Good Grief!!!

I remembered this month and I purchased a tote bag from Misty Valley Books in Chester, Vermont. I'll keep you updated on my purchases.

Washington, DC is the most literate city in the United States.

50th anniversary of one of my favorite books, A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle.

Cakes throughout US history.

Foldable rain boots.

Surprising food origins.

Gorgeous business cards.

Heart-shaped balloons.

Fun book: Dogs of Central Park (Universe)by Fran Reisner.

That's all I have for this week. Enjoy!!!





"You must be true to yourself. Strong enough to be true to yourself. Brave enough to be strong enough to be true to yourself. Wise enough to be brave enough, to be strong enough to shape yourself from what you actually are." - Sylvia Ashton-Warner

No comments: