Monday, January 30, 2012

Round Up

R.I.P. Etta James-good grief it annoys me whenever someone other than Ms. James sings At Last.

R.I.P. Dick Tufeld, voice of The Robot.

Learn all about World Book Night.

Libraries on television and the movies.

Quiet a few books have caught my eye: The Knitter's Life List (Storey Publishing) by Gwen Steege, How Carrots Won the Trojan War: Curious (but True) Stories of Common Vegetables (Storey Publishing) by Rebecca Rupp, Science Ink: Tattoos of the Science Obsessed (Sterling Publishing) by Carl Zimmer, Ice: (Stories Without Words) (Enchanted Lion Books) by Arthur Geisert-really any book by Arthur Geisert is tops with me, and What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors (Candlewick) by Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

A. and I got into a discussion about all the physicians who are also published authors. We attempted to see if we could name some, my goodness we didnt' even hit the tip of the iceberg with our paltry list.

Congratulations Felicity Aston the first person to ski solo across Antarctica alone.

Meet Qamar Hashim-What were you doing when you were 8?

Hyde Park Books has a wonderful author name pronunciation guide.

Love, love, love these artifact bags.

I have always wanted to take a calligraphy class, but have never gotten around to it. The Society of Scribes has some interesting classes.

Lots of good information on the Global Language Monitor.

Apparently Charles Dickens was very interested in interior decorating. Look at the slideshow of his 49 Doughty Street London rooms.

Humblebrag is hilarious.

Make some heart-shaped seed bombs.

That's all for now. Have a nice week.


"The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear." - Aung San Suu Kyi

No comments: