Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Round Up

Happy New Year everyone!!! This is my first post for 2012. I just have a few items for this post.

R.I.P. Russell Hoban, author of the Frances series and many more books.

Did you know that there is a National Academic Quiz Tournament company? I found out about this company when I was trying to find out what happend to Mac McGarry who hosted It's Academic for many years. He's retiring from the show. One link led to another (as it so often does) and I ended up finding out about the Quiz Tournament company.

Have use of a list of windmills around the globe.

Walter Dean Myers is the new National Ambassador for Young People's Literature.

Yes, there is a Dr. Pepper Museum.

Two books that have sparked an interest: Quiet: The Power of Introverts (Random House) by Susan Cain and Dimity Dumpty: The Story of Humpty's Little Sister (Candlewick) by Bob Graham (I bet you thought Humpty was an only child huh).

What to do with all of those annoying packing peanuts.

Look at these wonderful literary dolls at Uneek Doll Designs.

Oh my, Paxton Gate has such lovely and unusual items.

I love all of these wonderful colors of masking tape-why wasn't this thought of years ago. Maybe it was a thought, but then the manufacturing of all the wonderful colors was found to be cost prohibitive. Who knows.

And speaking of colors, the color for 2012, according to Pantone, is Tangerine Tango. (just scroll down Apartment Therapy's entry about this. I liked their entry about the subject better than Pantones.)

That's all for this week. Have a good one.

"And now let us welcome the new year, full of things that have never been." Rainer Maria Rilke


No comments: