Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Round Up

Just a few items this week. I got struck down by tonsillitis and acute pharyngitis. I asked the doctor what am I 6 years old. Plus, there is something wonky going on with my back -my left leg is bothering me, but it might be another disc problem. I AM NOT HAVING ANOTHER BACK SURGERY!!

Okay enough complaining.

April is National Poetry month. Read a poem you haven't read before, read it aloud, read it to someone, just do it!!!!

I would love to obtain in Master of Arts in Children's Literature. How wonderful.

I love the idea of an underground supper club like the Whisk & Ladle.

A New Jersey family has their own book review blog-The Lateiner Gang Book Review Spot.

Oh, good grief. Alec Baldwin purchased a bookmobile.

I was never a big fan of Curious George. Probably because I'm not a huge monkey lover. However, I think this book The Journey that Saved Curious George: The True Wartime Escape of Margret and H.A. Rey by Louise Borden. The story tells of how the authors, both German-born Jews fled Paris on bicycles to escape the Nazis.

Every year I keep saying I am going to purchase a bicycle, and I still haven't. This idea always gets overtaken by events. I've become even more inspired to purchase one since I started visiting the Let's Go Ride a Bike blog.

I love absolutely everything in My Sparrow. When my ship comes in I will have a shopping frenzy.

This Chicago Manual of Style purse is the cutest darn thing.

Just in case you didn't get to go to the White House Easter Egg Roll you can purchase one or some of the Easter Eggs.

Another interesting museum-the Computer History Museum.

Top 10 books written by librarians.

Look at this kitchen island made from Legos.

The next time I am in Richmond, Virginia I must stop and get a boxed lunch from Sally Bell's Kitchen. Since I'm a vegetarian I'll have to give my sandwich to A., but the rest of the goodies, especially the very cool cupcakes sound great. I don't know how I didn't know about this place.
Make sure you read the history of this place.

No matter how many times I see the cherry blossoms it still blows me away.





"I am amazed at this spring. This conflagration of green fires lit on the soul of the earth, this blaze of growing, these sparks that puff in wild gyration. Faces of people, streaming across my gaze." D.H. Lawrence excerpt from The Enkindled Spring

1 comment:

Dottie said...

Mmmmm, fig newtons and scotch sounds delicious :)

Yes, yes, buy a bike and live happy!