Friday, October 02, 2009

Round Up

IT'S OCTOBER FINALLY. I AM SO PLEASED.


Marshmallow Test Video-Adorable!!


A very nice sea glass identification deck. I am such a fan of any sort of flash cards as a learning tool.

Historic Bridges of the United States. Wow, my home state of Pennsylvania has 2,263. The only problem I have with this site is that there is not a photograph of each bridge on their statistics page. Now, I only looked at the ones from my home state so perhaps I need to investigate further.

B.B. King has a museum.

For years I have been saying why aren't there dessert vendors out on the streets. I also would say why aren't there vendors promoting healthier goodies. Well, I've seen the healthier goodies vendors, but I haven't seen any dessert wagons. However, I have read about them. I love the Cupcake Truck. I guess my lesson is, when I have an idea act on it. Unfortunately a good idea usually needs financial backing, and that is where I always fall short.

Very nice blog about library history-Library History Buff Blog.

Instructions on how to make your very own Aluminium Foil Deflector Beanie. I think I'll whip one up this weekend. Perhaps I could bring a giant roll of aluminium foil into the office and we could have craft hour.

Some "weird" things held at some of the Yale libraries.

Banned book necklace. Banned Book Bracelet.

YouTube's Poetry Animations.

How to make creamy ice cream with one ingredient.

Buddha pears.

Mmmm, tasty pumpkin vines. Who knew you could eat these?

That's all for this week folks. In honor of Julie Andrews' 74th birthday on October 1st, I leave you with this wonderful woman singing The Loney Goatherd with The Muppets.



"A lot of my life happened in great, wonderful bursts of good fortune, and then I would race to be worthy of it." Julie Andrews

No comments: