Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Round Up

Love this piano stairs experiment.







Mini items for all of your travel needs.


I was watching some little girls in my neighborhood playing hopscotch a couple of weeks ago, and remembered how much fun that was. I forgot that there are actual rules to hopscotch. Streetplay has some street games that I never heard of (probably because I grew up rural).

Polka dot Aga. I would love to have an Aga, but I think I would have to pass up the dots, maybe a red or black one would do.

If you are a dog lover and have the National Geographic Channel then you must watch Dogtown. Best Friends Animal Society runs this no-kill sanctuary for the nation's abused and abandoned animals. Some of Michael Vicks' dogs have ended up here. Here is the sanctuary's website. I never wanted to live in Utah, but if I did I would definitely see if I could volunteer here. They are doing marvelous work with these animals.

I have always wanted to sleep in a bed nook. I just like nooks, kitchen nooks, window seats, little cubbyholes. There is something so cozy about them. Wonderful spots to settle down with a book. Check out these bed nooks on the blog A Diary of Little Things and Curiosities.

I am a huge fan of Jane Haddam's Gregor Demarkian mysteries and I just found out that she has a blog, as well as a website with some of her essays. This woman is an incredible writer.

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation gave 10 million dollars to the National Museum of African American History. This newest museum under the Smithsonian umbrella is slated to open in 2015.

Most of you are familiar with actress Debi Mazar. She's been acting forever and you may have seen her in Goodfellas and Entourage (I've never seen these) or in a lot of supporting roles in different television programs (where I have seen her_. Well, she and her Italian born husband have a very popular Internet cooking show called Under the Tuscan Gun. It's a hoot. I am going to make their Limoncello recipe.

Oh no-Ansel Adams in color!!! Why does this make me feel out of sorts? Kind of like when I found out that Lassie was a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love these meringue bones, and so easy to make.

I was a science geek in school and I love all of this science-related decor.

Homemade Candy Corn-home made or not, I used to love this stuff. Now more than a couple and I feel like I am going to swoon. And, Necco Wafers are going all natural.

This woman has been reading a book a day and then blogging about it.

Remember to tune into the documentary The Botany of Desire on your local PBS station tonight (Wednesday 10/28/09) at 8 P.M. If you haven't read Michael Pollan's book of the same name, well, you should.

Ossuaries around the world.

I leave you with Charles Gounod's Funeral March of a Marionette in honor of Halloween. This music was also the theme song to Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Have a spooktacular holiday.



"Backward, turn backward,O Time, in your flightmake me a child againjust for to-night!"~Elizabeth Akers Allen

No comments: