Friday, October 16, 2009

Round Up

This is going to be a short post today.

Rosie the Riveter model still going strong. Also, Rosies-very nice workwear for women.

Very interesting story about the "island of barcodes."

Typology of quotation marks.

Nothing relaxes me more than reading finding aids, and even better, library newsletters. (I know I'm an oddball). ALiNUS (Academic Library Newsletters in the United States) is a directory of academic library newsletters-okay you've got the idea. Hours and hours of fun.

I am such an author groupie. I think if I ever got to meet David Sibley I would turn into a giggly, blushing school girl. He is so amazing. I have owned a copy of his fabulous guide to birds for quite a few years and I am always referring to it. Now, he has a guide to trees. I simply must have a copy of this treasure. Maybe Santa will bring it for me. And he has a BLOG!!!

Google books has every single issue of Life magazine that was ever published.

This sort of thing fascinates me. I am always looking up small towns and checking out the demographics of the town, population and any odd factoid I can find. Monowi, Nebraska is a small town. It has the grand population of 1. That's it 1 person.

77 Ways to build community in our neighborhoods.

On the way to the Kiss & Ride this morning I actually said the words "I reckon" to A. It made me wonder why there isn't a Talk Like a Cowboy Day. Or is there?

Supposedly the latest wedding cake trend is luggage wedding cakes.

I'm crushed. Gourmet Magazine is now being added to the list of defunct magazines.

When I was a teenager I always thought that there was something so romantic about working and living in a fire lookout tower. To be alone in nature, high up in the trees with just books, binoculars and nature seemed like such an adventure.

I stumbled across information indicating that so many of these towers have been closed and have succumbed to the elements and vandals. Wikipedia has a great page of information on lookout towers. I never realized there are/were so many different types. Also, there is a Forest Fire Lookout Tower Association.

I love these velvet pumpkins.

Chanel's library.

I leave you with Jennifer Lopez (yes, J. Lo) because every once in awhile you just have to get loud!!!




Have a fun weekend. (Get Loud!!!)
"You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. " ~Steven D. Woodhull

No comments: