Monday, April 13, 2009

Round Up

R.I.P. David Winans, Gospel Patriarch.
I'd Like to Have Been in that Meeting...Harry Potter




A poetry lover like me not stating that April is National Poetry Month in my first April entry. I should be flogged. Read a poem, memorize a poem, find a new poet that you wouldn't ordinarily read.

Share your Smiley Face with Spontaneous Smiley Face.

I want to move to Chicago and volunteer at the Inspiration Cafe. What a wonderful idea.

Roadside America has a blog.
I have been enjoying Jessica Hagy's site Indexed. Now she's coming out with a postcard book of her clever index card observations.

I wish I could visit all of the most interesting bookstores in the world.

My mom, gran and I used to sing 3 part harmony all of the time. If things had been different, my mom could have been an opera singer with her beautiful voice and great range. I have always been a fan of harmony, even if I wasn't a fan of the groups music in general-take The Beach Boys-loved their harmony, didn't care for their songs. Why have I never heard of The Boswell Sisters ? My girl Ella was a big fan of the group, especially of Connee Boswell. Here is another site about them. I am so excited to have found them.

There was a time when I thought it would be super chic to live in a loft, and after seeing some of these gorgeous lofts in Loft Life, my interest has not waned.

Girligami led me to the Origami blog.

Share ideas by writing on the whiteboard-Imagination Cubed. (hours and hours of fun)

Watch documentaries on Snagfilms. And yes, I am still looking for funding for my documentary on crossing guards.
First it they tarted up the Sun-Maid Raisin Girl (they call her a girl) now it's Dora. She has highlights for goodness sakes!! Good Grief!! Why couldn't she have remained ageless like that horrid Barbie or The Flintstones.

Everyone knows by now that there is just oodles of information buried in the web that takes some special keys to unlock the doors to reach this veritable treasure trove of information manna from heaven. DeepDyve is one of those special keys.

I love, love, love Grammar Girl.

Library of Congress has a YouTube channel.

There is an entire Flickr pool devoted to design variations of the wonderful Keep Calm and Carry On poster.

The World Digital Library will launch on April 21, 2009.
"If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?" Rumi

I leave you with some lovely sweet peas, the flower for April.


No comments: