Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Round Up

R.I.P. Bette Paige


Obama, I think you are the bomb, but RICK WARREN and ARETHA FRANKLIN. I don't want to get into a long diatribe about Rick Warren (and believe me I could). I like Re Re, but there are so many others you could have selected.
Every holiday season I buy a new ornament for the tree or some other decoration for the house. This year I thought I would make these gorgeous ice luminarias. Beautiful, festive, economical and ephemeral.

These pendants are so unusual.

And more Etsy shops I like: Edelweiss Vintage, Mayberries Vintage, Red Leaf, AngeLfood's Shop, Vermont Maple, Bottled Up Designs, Lily & Coco, and Faerie Made Soap. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of Etsy shops. If you are holiday shopping, why not buy something handmade.

I really, really like this Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper.

What to give-What to get by some of your favorite authors (love Penguin)

Click on the different drawings to view "I Am What I Ate".
Submit your favorite word to Powell's and win the 20 volume Oxford English Dictionary (OED).

A conversation with Toni Morrison.

Oh my goodness-Goofus and Gallant.



This is a short post, and will be my last post for 2008. I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season. May your days be merry and bright, and may you have a happy, health and fun 2008.

"Remember This December,That love weighs more than gold!"~Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

"Whatever else be lost among the years, Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing: Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears, Let us hold close one day, remembering Its poignant meaning for the hearts of men. Let us get back our childlike faith again."-- Grace Noll Crowell







No comments: