Friday, March 21, 2008

Round Up

The archive of the first 80 years (1869-1949) of the journal Nature is now live. Every article, back to Volume 1, is now available online.

In my last entry I noted that Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offered free online courses. They are not the only school doing this. 10 universities are offering free online courses.

I fell asleep at the very beginning of the new reality series Dumped on BBC America last week. The premise of Dumped is 10 people are "dumped" into a garbage dump and told to fend for themselves. Some more information about the show. I'm not a huge fan of reality television, but I do have a couple of programs that I enjoy. If I can stay awake this week I'll see how this show fares.

Lucinda Moran creates these lovely Protect This Woman bracelets.

Hulu rocks. Watch some of your favorite televion shows. I watched Bones and Family Guy yesterday. Nobody is more shocked than me that I have become a Family Guy fan. It's like my little secret. Don't tell-Shhhhh!!!!

Bed,Bath and Beyond is now carrying Kate Spade. I have liked Kate Spade ever since she first came on the scene. I really can't afford her, but occasionally I'll pick up something on eBay.

Hmmmm,maybe I'm just having some latent appreciation for comics and cartoons. When I was growing up I didn't read the comics very much. Charlie Brown was about it for me. As for cartoons, The Flintstones, The Jetsons and my favorite Jonny Quest were it. I mentioned before how I had a huge crush on Race Bannon from Jonny Quest. Now that I think of it, I also have always had a thing for Mr. Clean too.

Once again I digress. I found two very cool websites devoted to comics. The Comics Curmudgeon. He reads the comics and posts daily commentary about them. The Daily Cross Hatch also posts commentary on comics and graphic novels.

A Duck a Day is just that. This blogger blogs about ducks, duck happenings and lots of images of all sorts of ducks.

Get ready to sit back and chuckle. Overheard in the Office is fragments of conversation overheard in offices every day.

I leave you with this image. The saucer magnolias are starting to bloom in this area. I think spring is beautiful in my area, but it's also a harbinger of bright sun, humidity and me being misreble. I probably will only complain about hot weather a few more times this year.



Have a nice weekend and if you celebrate Easter have a nice one.

Love this quote by Charles Dickens.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ~Charles Dickens

No comments: