Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Round Up

I can't blame Delta and Dawn for being confused. If I were a whale and I was lost, hearing sounds of my own kind would make me think/feel that, "Hey, where is everyone? I can hear you so you must be near." The humans mean well, but I think they should come up with another plan.

A. and I keep seeing this license plate on the way home from work. We usually play this game to see who can figure these out the fastest. I think this is one thing, A another. Any thoughts. 4CHIN1

We were out the other night with some friends and there was this couple at a table right next to us. I don't know if this was their first date or what, but my gosh the male was trying to impress the female. He was driving me nuts because he kept saying how he was a big biblio-feel. He was also driving me nuts because he was so freakin' loud. It took everything for me not to tell this asshat that it's pronounced biblio-file and to stop talking so loud. Since A. and I only correct each other's grammar I of course just sat quietly and the couple soon left.

Bravo, Kudos and You Go Girl!!! to Barbara Hillary. She is believed to be the first female American of African descent to make it to the North Pole. And guess what. She's 75 and a cancer survivor. More on her here.

4 things that I did not know:

How to say Willamette, Oregon. I thought it was Willa-mette, but it's Willam-ette. (at leas that's what I think it is)

I did not know that the Natural Bridge of Virginia is privately owned. I wonder if one of the numerous pamphlets I use to collect when we went on family vacations indicated that and I forgot or if I never knew. Hmmm.

And that Porsche is really pronounced Porsh-uh.

That there are official state dinosaurs.

I would love to have one of these plants in my front yard. It's a Pride of Madeira. I seem to be ga-ga lately over lupines, hollyhocks and this plant.

Some smart person has gathered together Twain Quotes. Great site.

I could go on and on about how important it is to support the Coverdell Act and the Crime Lab Project. About how what you see on the forensics shows isn't exactly the real deal that happens in the state crime labs. How the state crime labs are underfunded and understaffed. I won't do that though. Just read for yourself.

Barn stories.

Love the Horse Project.

People are amazingly creative. Look at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry made out of matchsticks. Incredible.

Everything you want to know about this new state real id bullcrap.

Library MySpace Study. It's good to see MySpace being used for projects like this.

I'm am bit early, but everyone enjoy their weekend-long or not.


"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." Mark Twain

"That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem of innocence inside you that makes you want to believe that there still exists a right and wrong, that decency will somehow triumph in the end." Lise Hand

No comments: