Friday, April 06, 2007

Round Up

Some new words (to me):

Graffadi- a play on the word graffiti, describes the use of street art for advertising purposes.

Nephelococcygia-interpreting the shape of the clouds.

A group of women from Ohio are urging women of all ages to stand together in silence for five minutes at 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 13, 2007. During the silence you are encourage to think about peace and what you can do to promote peace. This is inspired by the book The Great Silent Grandmother Gathering by Sharon Mehdi.

At one point I was attempting to create a list of online merchants that accept PayPal. I didn't get very far with this, but I found out this week that Powell's is now accepting PayPal. Yippee!!!!!

Two more companies with blogs:

Glenfiddich (my favorite single malt) and Wells Fargo History Blog.

I think only those of those who deal with serials on a regular basis will appreciate this joke: How many serials librarians does it take to change a light bulb? A: One. They are used to changing light bulbs regularly. First it's light bulb. Then it's lightbulb. Then it becomes lb : the bulb of light.... Tee Hee.

The American Planning Association has a page on MySpace.

For all of you Firefly fans, and yours truly is one of them, there is a Firefly Wiki.

I may have posted about this before, but the Animation Archive Blog is well worth mentioning twice.

I've always loved maps, all kinds, even carcass maps. You know there's a big image of a steer and all of the parts are shown. Yes, I know I'm a vegetarian and that should gross me out, but hey, it's a map. Hence, my liking of these food for thought plates.

For those of you that are celebrating the holiday have a nice one. For everyone have a great weekend.

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds, the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell

No comments: