Thursday, November 02, 2006

Round Up

Oh no, the NPR blog is gone.

I have been a fan of composerLeroy Anderson for quite some time now. Of course he is most famous for Sleigh Ride, but I also love the The Syncopated Clock and The Typewriter. If you are a fan of his you might want to click on the link on his site to urge the U.S. Postal Service to honor this incredible composer's centennial (2008) with a stamp. What made me start thinking about Mr. Anderson was coming across the Boston Typewriter Orchestra.

If you have any interest in ephemera you must check out the Ephemera Blog. It's a treat.

Another bookstore with an interesting blog.

Wearing Propaganda isthe first major exhibition of propaganda fashion designed and produced in japan, britain, and the united states during the years of conflict in the asia-pacific war and World War II. Here are some more links for this intriguing exhibition.

Pretty incredible hat huh? This hat was crocheted by a man from the Bamileke Tribe in Cameroon. The men crochet these hats for various ceremonies.


Humpty Dumpty
Assis sur une butte*
Humpty Dumpty
Fit une grande chute

Tous les chevaux du roi
Et tous ses servants
N'ont pu remettre
Humpty comme avant

Some how Humpty Dumpty in French just doesn't seem as sad. Mama lisa's world not only has nursery rhymes galore; she also has a blog.

Nice to see someone else shares my love of doors.

And cupcakes.

This Tuesday, November 7, 2006 is election day. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE!!!! I can't stress that enough. I get choked up every single time I vote. There isn't an election that has gone by when I don't think about the people who have fought and died for this right that we tend to take for granted. I have been terribly nervous about this election, and I hope that all of my candidates get elected. If they don't I also hope I can deal with the disappointment.

"Lower voter participation is a silent threat to our democracy...It under-represents young people, the poor, the disabled, those with little education, minorities and you and me." Nancy Neuman, Editor (1837 - AFT. 1860)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Cupcake,

Whoa, and I think my posts wander to some diverse territories. You take the (cup)cake, wow.

Lovely hat.

Lovely French Humpty Dumpty.

Gotta wait to explore your other links when I have hi-speed access. My dial-up telegraph machine is stalling out.

Glad you posted your get out the vote message. Dang, youngsters are not voting and feel so apathetic about it. All of my favorite 20-somethings do NOT vote. It makes me crazy but they feel so far away from and disenfranchised from our political representation. Well, lets hope this election brings out the Dems in droves!