Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Round Up

In lieu of the upcoming holiday.

Clever Alton Brown. Why oh why did I not think of this. I watched him do this,and could not believe how simple this is.

I may have linked to this before, but it's so great, I'll take a chance and provide the link again. The Artists for Literacy have created a very nice, searchable databaseof songs inspired by literature.

Time has the 100 all-time albums list. See if you are surprised by any of the picks.

Really cute and informative blog Things I Have Learned the Hard Way: Female Folk Widom for Life, Love, Work and Play."

For a few chuckles view the Trapped on An Escalator video. Make sure your sound is on.

Now, I am not a fan of puppets. They just freak me out. Love the Muppets, but then they are real. But puppet libraries. Hmmmm. If I'm ever in the neighborhood, I may have to cowboy up and visit. Here's one and another.

The Association for College and Research Libraries has a blog.

I know we have all received paper money that has some cryptic writing on it. Well someone has a site devoted to this phenomena.

I won't be posting next week. For all of you that celebrate, don't celebrate, or are lucky enough to have the day off-enjoy.

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
-- Melody Beattie