Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lack of Grace

Inside me lurks a 12 year old boy and a 25 year old burlesque dancer. Which might explain why I decided to dance my way down our top flight of stairs to the tune of Hollywood Swingin'. I was doing fairly well, I even did a few kicks when-boom. I still don't know what happened or how I didn't knock out any of the balusters or hurt myself. Well, my pride is hurt, but thanfully that is all. With my delicate back and bad knee I could have really done my damage. I guess I'll have to keep my burlesque routines on flat land.

At different times in my life I thought my name was a bit unusual. Not my last name, but my first name. The Internet changed all of that in so many ways. I was playing around with my wishlist on Amazon (yes, it's ridiculously long and is getting very DVD set heavy). I thought I would just put in my first and last name and see how many people would appear with MY name. 59. Can you believe it?

A friend of mine sent me this tidbit. If you were a fan of Lost in Space or maybe even the movie The Sound of Music then perhaps you remember Angela Cartwright. Well, she has a blog.

If you have 12 minutes to waste please check out the Fastest Librarian video. It's a hoot.

I read that some folks in Detroit wanted to call attention to the hundreds of abandoned houses. These abandoned houses become drug dens and prostitution hubs, therefore becoming a blight to the neighborhood. They painted the houses a color called Tigerrific orange, which they say is absolutely blinding. So far 4 out of the 11 houses that have been painted have been demolished by the city. I wanted to check out the paint color. It's a Disney color. (via Good Magazine)

Of all of the fried goodies that are out there I must say I would have never thought of frying this.

And for major cuteness.

If you haven't already voted please make sure you do.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

No comments: