Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday Round Up

It's Friday and I thought I would provide us with some cuteness. Check out the Tai Shan (Butterstick)gallery. And not to be left out tiger cubs Maharani, Melatii and Gunter also have a gallery. Ahhhh!!!!

Argh!!! How in the world did I miss talk like a pirate day on the 19th. I'm sure it was a fine day me missed, but, never fear me mateys there is always next year. Here are some pirate phrases to be keepin' ye entertained until next year.


The MacArthur Fellows list was announced and the magnificent David Macaulay was on this years list. Here is a gallery of this years fellows.

The Center for the Study of Political Graphics collects, preserves, and exhibits posters relating to historical and contemporary movements for social change. Through its varied programs, CSPG is reclaiming the power of art to inspire people to action. The CSPG also has a shop on their site where one can purchase some of these very cool posters.

There's a huge part of me that just refuses to accept that Kermit, Miss Piggy, Oscar, The Count and Statler and Waldorf aren't real. I had to give up my fantasy for just a split second when I saw this book in Borders the other day. . My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me about Life, Love and Laughing Out Loudby Kevin Clash.

Have a very nice weekend.

"Never eat more than you can lift." Miss Piggy

No comments: