Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday Round Up

I could have definitely used this Library Grants blog when I was in library school.

You are doing time at the Reference Desk, I mean, you are sitting at the Reference Desk and you receive an inquiry about movie scripts. Someone desperately needs to know where a script for Desk Set is located. Voila!!! The Motion Picture Scripts Database to the rescue. And by the way, Desk Set scripts can be found at the following institutions: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), the University of Southern California(USC)and the Writers Guild Foundation.

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls. If you are a doll collector you might want to add these to your collection: RuPaul and the Marie Antoinette Action Figure.

So you are getting tired of wearing your Aunt Iphigenia's old brooches on your lapels and you are looking for something, Oh, I don't know something scientific perhaps. How about a solid, lead-free pewter microscope. Lapel Pin Planet has microscope lapel pins and many more.

A. and I have been looking at different bird feeders and bird houses and trying to decided what we want to put in the back yard. I would love, love, love to have one of Lynn Peer's birdhouses. Plus, he's from my neck of the woods.

I think all of us young and not so young have a favorite Sesame Street character. If you are having some problems remembering any of these wonderful creations visit the Sesame Street Encyclopedia. I actually love them all, but I am particuarly partial to the Count.

Have a great weekend. If you are in the Washington, DC area remember the Smithsonian Folklife Festival starts today.(6/30/2006).

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

No comments: