Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Round Up

Before I get to the round up I just have to say I fear for the citizens of this country. With the latest shenanigans of that kangaroo court we call a Supreme Court I don't know where this country is headed. Frightening!!

I just found this to be highly un"ewe"sual.

I was glad to see that my neck of the woods (Pittsburgh) at least got an honorable mention in the Top 15 Skylines of the World.

I just thought this was the coolest item. Out of my price range, but still very nice. (via Design Within Reach)


I have always been a sucker for timelines. Check out this elevator timeline.

The Aria Database allows the user to search for, you guessed it, arias.

The Literature Map allows you to type an author's name and a conceptual map containing more author's names that people who read your search term author also read (confusing-to use no; me explaining it-yes.

Much to some of my friends' chagrin I love Renaissance music, Celtic music, etc. Someone had a very good idea with these Renaissance Festival podcasts.

That's all for this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

"Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people, by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Libby,

You did it AGAIN. Especially loved the skylines, great images. Not sure what to make of the telephone sheep. Uh, gotta plug that into Babelfish or some other translator site.

Do you download podcasts? I haven't so far... love my iPod but have dial-up. Debating dragging things into work and catching them on our hi-speed connections prior to starting work. But then I think, nope, maybe I am surfing around too much.

Anyhow, if you do get podcasts regularly, which ones do you subscribe too?