Monday, March 06, 2006

Happenings

Last week was the start of the D.C. Independent Film Festival. Consult the website for the various venues for the film showings. Wow, look at this cool calendar of films!!!

On March 16, 2006 (that's a Thursday) the D.C. Environmental Film Festival begins. And yes, one of the films is the wonderful documentary March of the Penguins.

I don't know if any of my 3 readers has seen the movie Aberdeen. It was one of our selections through our Blockbuster.com membership. I should say my selections. I am the one making all of the selections-what power!!!! A. is very laid back about most things and he can watch just about anything. I can't deal with much violence. It's getting to were I'll watch an entire movie with lots of gratuitous sex, but one scene of violence and I have to leave the room or if I'm in the theater I actually close my eyes and cover my ears. Oh yeah, I'm so mature. Anyway, I picked Aberdeen. When I read the description I thougt, okay, road trip movie, Norway and Scotland and Stellan Skarsgard. I absolutely adore this man. It's embarrassing the huge crush I have on this big Swede. I've only seen him in a couple of movies, but I just love him.

Aberdeen was good. Of course I dashed upstairs to get some lemonade when the film got to the one violent scene, but otherwise it was good. Last night we watched Where the Truth Lies It was very good. I had it figured out fairly soon, but it was still good (it too has a bit of violence).

"Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours." - Swedish proverb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did it again, Libby!

Never heard of this film yet it features my husband's very favorite actress, Charlotte Rampling. Guess this title did not see a local release.

Hey, I have been screening Film Movement titles at the library I work at... they have some very worthy flicks that are not widely distributed. You and your sweetie may wish to check their selections out: www.filmmovement.com


Thanks for the tip, will seek out this film pronto.

Hope all is well with you!

The Laundress