Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday Round Up

Bras. Hate them. Haven't worn one in over 30 years. Well, I actually started wearing one on the rare occasion a couple of years ago. Unfortunately this weight gain has just spread around to everywhere-and I do mean everywhere. I just hate feeling bound and never could stand having the "corral for the glands that hang" on . That being said I don't know how my sisters in past centuries trussed themselves up in some of the contraptions on the Antique Corset Gallery. Some of these corsets are absolutely stunning. I'm all about satin and silk and girlie items, but still bone stays, underwire-YIKES.

Fallen Fruit is a mapping of fallen fruit that overhangs public spaces. The site creators aim is to encourage people to both plant and harvest public fruit.

Has anyone tried these? I'm not a huge chip lover. I have a sweet tooth so salty, crunchy snacks aren't my weakness. However, every once in awhile, generally around the holidays I end up trying some new (to me) chip type snack. A. occasionally will buy the numerous types of vegetable chips they have in Whole Foods. I was just wondering how curry-flavored chips would taste. Also those pickle-flavored ones.

Once again I'm a bit late in finding out one of my personal heroes past away. I have been a huge admirer of Vine Deloria, Jr (Standing Rock Sioux)ever since I read Custer Died for Your Sins: An Indian Manifesto (Civilization of the American Indian). This erudite professor, scholar, historian and activist passed away on November 13, 2005 at the age of 72.

It looks like it's going to be a cloudy, chilly day. A great day to snuggle up with a good book (I've been reading a lot of children's literature lately-will have to post about it next week), a cup of something hot and a roaring fire. Alas, I'll be at work, but maybe some of you will take advantage of one of my favorite kinds of days.

Have a great weekend.

"Western civilization, unfortunately, does not link knowledge and morality but rather, it connects knowledge and power and makes them equivalent." Vine Deloria, Jr.

1 comment:

autogato said...

OMIGOSH - is that a real product? Curry flavored chips? It seems like a cruel joke if it is not. It sound slike it would taste DIVINE.

Hm. I may have to cook with curry this evening.