Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Libraries

As someone who has been working in libraries for many, many years I am always on the lookout for websites dedicated to anything about libraries. I can't believe that I did not know about this website a directory of libraries around the world. I've seen other sights such as this, but this one is really aces in my book. Plus, it seems to be updated frequently. While perusing this site I came across some rather interesting names of libraries. I've been collecting interesting names of people for years. That will have to be for another post, but I may also start to compile a list of interesting library names. That could go along with my ever-expanding list of hip-hop artists and rappers birth names. Here are two library names that I found delightful: Drs. Coady & Tomkins Memorial Library. This library is located in Margaree Forks, Nova Scotia. The other one that was listed, but I can't actually located a site for the library is Blow-Me-Down Public Library located in Lark Harbour, Newfoundland. Cool, eh.


"A circulating library in a town is as an evergreen tree of diabolical knowledge".Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751–1816)
The Rivals. Act iii. Sc. 1.

No comments: