Monday, January 24, 2005

Snow

Well, the weather forecasters were correct. We did get some snow this weekend. We went to the store, actually 2 stores on Friday night and they were both jam-packed. Even after living in the WDC area for 21 years I still marvel at how people absolutely lose their minds with the mere mention of the "s" word. It snowed a lot of the day Saturday and it was absolutely beautiful. We went for a walk early on the snowstorm and it was wonderful. I like walking in all sorts of snow, but I prefer those big, fluffy Charlie Brown flakes to the kind we had on Saturday. Sunday was bitter cold with high winds.

The roads were clear coming to work this morning. We generally don't have problems coming in from Maryland. My boss is back to work after missing all of last week. He still sounds terrible. I hope he keeps his distant. I really don't want to pick up whatever plague besieged him.


"To safeguard one's health at the cost of too strict a diet is a tiresome illness indeed".
Francios de La Rochefoucauld

No comments: