Friday, July 08, 2011

Round Up

The 2011 Library Blog Award winners have been announced.

Fun-Literary Karaoke.

Wonderful story behind Bead for Life.

If you read this blog then you have read my laments about my talent for making awful pie crust. I go through periods when I end up reading a lot about pies and great pie makers. I stumbled upon a woman who lives in the American Gothic house and has the Pitchfork Pie Stand. Another great story. Here's her blog.

Charles Darwin's personal library is now public via the Biodiversity Heritage Library.

The National Book Festival is now 2 days, September 24 and 25, 2011.

I love the name of this company-Mole Hollow Candles.

A New York Times candle that, you guessed it, smells like newsprint-Hmm........

Paddywax Library Diffusers-I like this name too.

I was looking for lint filter for my clothes dryer and I found it at Repair Clinic.

Maggie Weldon coped with her troubled family life by becoming an expert crocheter. Now she is using her gorgeous crochet patterns and adapted them for pottery-Lace Pottery.

Haikubes.

The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History is celebrating its centennial.

Google-A-Day-see if you can answer the daily query.

Behind the Scenes-Looking Fabulous in Fur-IMHO the only creatures who should ever wear fur.

2 Books that have sparked an interest: The Beekeeper's Lament: How One Man and a Half a Million Bees Help Feed America (HarperCollins) by Hannah Nordhaus and Better than Great: A Plenitudinous Compendium of Walloping Fresh Superlatives (Viva Editions) by Arthur Plotnik.

Literary homes.

Hope the rumors are true-Adios to the Oxford comma.

Great news-The New York Public Library (NYPL) has been saved from enormous budget cuts.

That's all for this week folks. Have a nice weekend.


"Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet." Bob Marley

No comments: