Friday, July 29, 2011

Round Up

I just have a few items this week folk.

Fine Cell Work is a UK charity that teaches embroidery to prisoners. Some of these works are incredible.

Diggin' this bicycle basket and Dalton Ghetti's sculptures.

Winnie-the-Pooh turns 90 this year.

The Encyclopedia Britannica has a blog.

I heard about these $39.99 eyeglasses. I may have even blogged about them before and my own personal eye situation-prescribed glasses around the age of 8 or 9, word many different types all giving me headaches, had various contacts-wore 1 for awhile-for the past 13-15 years have worn nothing, but have distance glasses for driving.

Now I am thinking of purchasing glasses for reading (the doctor says I don't need bifocals-yet). My eyes are so watery of late and I think it's mostly from eye strain-not allergies. A co-worker had a great-looking pair of eyeglasses from the $39.99 folks. They are stylish and they look great on her face. I think I am going to have to set up an appointment and get a new prescription. My understanding is you also need your pupillary distance if you are going to purchase your glasses from the $39.99 folks.

New favorite word-pogonip: frozen fog. I think Frozen Fog should be some kind of cocktail.

These Oreo cameos are astounding-I love when people use their incredible talents for good.

Love these Crumpled City Maps.

Look at the honey from Ballard Bee Company.

Do you have a Mutt, a Heinz 57, a dog whose pedigree is a mystery only known to her/his mother and father? Register your pooch with the Mutt Census.

WOW-Jane Eyre has been in continuous print since 1847. Look at all of the various incarnations of Jane.

Luna Bazaar has such nice items. And there paper lanterns are to die for.

Have a happy weekend.

I love the stark beauty of this photograph.

"The question is not what you look at, but what you see." Henry David Thoreau

No comments: