Friday, June 24, 2011

Round Up

R.I.P. Clarence Clemons



100 greatest nonfiction books according to the Guardian.


Coolest app yet-Leafsnap



Books that have sparked an interest: The Trouble with Tom: The Strange Afterlife and Times of Thomas Paine (Bloomsbury Publishing) by Tom Collins and Bring Back Beatrice (Workman Publishing) by Jennie Griffin-Really, "Aren't you all tired of all of these odd names folks are naming their children?".


This just cracks me up-Phydough-food truck for the pups.


I've never played with , or I should probably say, built anything with Legos. I kinda, sorta think I want to build something-maybe this Lego Fallingwater. Probably a bit too advanced for a novice.


I have been spending way too much time on I Love Charts, Letters of Note-oh, how I love this site-so many lovely letters-the one from Queen Victoria to Mary Todd Lincoln is especially touching and Letterheady.


Author Ann Patchett is opening a bookstore.


Very cool periodic table playing cards.


World flag database.


Digital version of the Pentagon Papers.



Have a nice weekend.



"Not all those who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkein

No comments: