Friday, June 10, 2011

Round Up

R.I.P. Geronimo Ji Jaga Pratt.

I have been a fan of Charley Harper for years. I love his birds and all of his wonderful puns. Fish's Eddy has a line of Charley Harper plates, bowls, trays, glasses and more via Todd Oldham, another huge Charley Harper fan.

250 books written by women that men should read.

How to make kick the can ice cream.

Top 10 dying industries.

I have stated before that certain doll faces give me the creeps. A group of said dolls can cause my flee response to kick in a heartbeat. But, I am trying to wean myself of this fear. That is why I am linking to these lovelies.

This year SeeCoast Manufacturing is celebrating 50 years in business. They manufacture coin-operated telescopes. You know we all have used them to see some Ahhh-worthy vistas. I love this sort of tidbit. I am always looking at items or picking up items and thinking, "Someone had to think of this, patent it, and now someone is producing this item." Of course my thought process is never that formal. I usually think, "Someone made this!!!!"

Chocolate and Peanut butter S'mores. Yummy!!!!

I saw this vanity plate the other morning on a vehicle from Alaska-SNOWIN.

Diggin' Snackwell's White Fudge Drizzled Caramel Popcorn-only 130 calories per pack.

What is the problem with using the words borrow and lend? I have probably been on my soapbox about this before, but I keep hearing folks using them incorrectly. And I hate to say it, but these folks all seem to be from a certain part of the United States. I'm not going to say where, but it's very interesting and annoying at the same time.

Saturday, June 11th, 2011 is World Wide Knit in Public Day.

List of State and U.S Territories encyclopedias.

Maryland is the first state in the nation to ban the wearing of felt soled shoes in Maryland waters. It has been found that the felt soles spread harmful organisms. More information here.

Argh me mateys-Who doesn't love a pirate story?




That's all for this week. Have a Happy Weekend.

"Forget not, the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and winds long to play with your hair." Kahlil Gibran

No comments: