Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Small Round Up and Coveting


The original Kermit the Frog is now living at the National Museum of American History.

Top 10 typefaces of the last decade.

I can't wait to purchase these non-religious 2010 holiday stamps.
The American Antiquarian Society has a nice online exhibition entitled A Place of Reading: Three Centuries of Reading in America.

Picturing the Past 10 years-love this chart.

Now for some items that I am coveting:

Swans Island Blankets-these are gorgeous and way out of my price range, but oh my goodness.

Ancient Industries has such nice things. I am coveting their oven mitt.

Love these stone walls. Can't fit one in my back yard, but would love one.

And these luscious Duchess Marden products.

And now for books.

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews. I can't believe I never read this. It was written by my shero Dame Andrews and plus it just looks fun.

I Love Macarons by Hisako Ogita.



Stagecoach Sal by Deborah Hopkinson



















Lost States of America by Michael Trinklein

I think I have to take a gander at Stickwork by Patrick Dougherty.
I love the eerie whimsy of his work. Here is more on his wonderful creations.


"All are inclined to believe what they covet, from a lottery-ticket up to a passport to Paradise." Lord Byron

No comments: