Thursday, June 24, 2010

Round Up

AFI SilverDocs is still going on until June 27, 2010.

Top 25 librarian blogs.

There is just something very sweet and cool about Pomplamoose. I love their rendition of La Vie en Rose.

Love to see People Reading.

I've added one more to the list of my fascination with associations-National Pony Express Association.

I spend an extraordinary amount of time wondering why some people seem to have it so easy and others do not. Why some people seem to have a cauldron of disadvatages cast upon them, and others do not. Prudence Mabhena appears to have a whole host of disadvantages, but she has more heart and spirit than most. What an incredible person!! More about Ms. Mabhena here.

I was never a big fan of the television program Little House on the Prairie. If I had to watch something about some poor pioneer-type folk, I watched The Waltons. The Waltons weren't pioneers, but you get my drift. However, I found out some interesting trivia about one of the stars of Little House. Allison Arngrim, who played the bratty character Nellie, her mother in real life was Norma MacMillan ,the voice of Casper the Friendly Ghost. Ms. MacMillan was a voiceover artist of some repute.

More goodies about my favorite periodic table. Here is the Periodic Table of Videos.

More videos. These are about some of the symbols associated with physics and astronomy.

A few years ago I wrote about Beekman 1802 soap. I can't recall if I provided the back story to this soap or not, and I am too lazy to go back and find the entry. I'll provide it now.

I am always looking for interesting bar soap. I don't use it on my face, but I like to have a nice bar of soap for the bath. I also love an interesting story to go along with a product. Beekman 1802 soap is made from milk from the herd of goats that live on the Beekman Farm.

The Beekman Estate in Sharon Springs, New York was purchased by Brent Ridge and Josh Kilmer-Purcell in 2007. Brent is a physician and was Vice-President for Healthy Living at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. He has since given up his position at Martha Stewart to devote himself to the Beekman Farm and its businesses full-time. Josh Kilmer-Purcell is in advertising and is also a best-selling author. They have been a couple for 10 years. They have created a working organic farm. Josh still works in advertising in New York City and commutes home to the farm on the weekend.

They now have a reality show entitled The Fabulous Beekman Boys on Planet Green and it is a hoot. I love it and I am kind of down on most reality programming. The show chronicles the couple's trials and tribulations in becoming farmers. Give it a watch and meet "the girls" and Polka Spot, Farmer John and the village of Sharon Springs.

A sea glass blog. I love sea glass, but unfortunately I don't have any. I'll have to work on that.

Just in case you were wondering how to pronounce D'Youville College-it's pronounced Doo-ville, rhymes with Whoville.

You can read and get your do done at the same time at Beauty and the Book.

What were they reading on the Titanic?

Meet Dr. Colleen Fitzpatrick, the DNA detective and a fascinating subject forensic genealogy.

Religious I am not, but I love church and cathedral architecture. Take a gander at Los Lajas Cathedral in Colombia, South America.














So you want to say you are sorry about something, but don't have the cahonas to say it in person or you do have the cahonas, but you don't know what to say or what to write. You might want to gain some assistance from these helpful websites: I'm Sorry, Perfect Apology and The Public Apology.

That's all for this week. Have a good weekend. It's sweltering in my neck of the woods and yes I am counting down the days until October-97 more to go.

"Ah, duty is an icy shadow." Augusta Evans

No comments: