Friday, January 25, 2008

Round Up

This is going to be a short round-up today. I have some plague that won't let go of me.

The Free Government Information cite has a list of free Government Podcasts.

My love has strayed from 2 of my favorite products:

We have a cute pub table and two stools in our kitchen. Just perfect for the two of us. I ended up placing the hot teakettle down on the table (it is black) and it caused a couple of white rings. We tried everything under the sun to try and remove the marks. We were going to repaint the table, but I discovered the Guardsman Stain Removal Cloth. It removed the stain with some very deliverate rubbing. There's a little variation in the color of the table, but I shined the table with some furniture polish and it looks great. Another magical product.

January 1st, 2008 was Public Domain Day. Copyright Watch has a list (kind of difficult to read) of authors whose works are now in the public domain this year. It's the January 1st entry.

Info Farm-the National Agriculture Library's blog.

Check out these very cool switchplates and outlet covers at Tin Can Sally.

"The most important scientific revolutions all include, as their only common feature, the dethronement of human arrogance from one pedestal after another of previous convictions about our centrality in the cosmos." - Stephen Jay Gould

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Short but very sweet, Ms. Libby!

Love Tin Can Sally. I want the switchplate that says about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups "they're PEANUTRITIOUS". Oh, how sweet!

Also thanks for Copyright Watch, plays into a whole lot I have been trying to bend my weak mind about lately. Will spend far more time there this weekend!

InfoFarm? That is another fine and dandy one.

Three great sites? Plus Guardsman Stain Removal Cloth? Ease up on your self, these are hard to beat!

tl

ps I wrecked some very expensive wallpaper by overly enthusiastic and optimistic use of Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. hiss. Now avoid that product like the plague.