Thursday, December 13, 2007

Round Up

Socks. I never give much thought to them. I have been wearing black, short Smart Wool socks for years. There was a time (back in the day) when I use to wear knee socks and thigh high socks. Because I'm outdoors more now I was looking for some thigh high socks and came across Sock Dreams. They have the most amazing selection of socks, all kinds of socks.

Since I'm covering feet, I thought I would cover hands. Look at these cute mittens made from recycled sweaters. These are available from BaabaaZuZu

Love, love to see what people collect and the creative ways they display their collections.

I must confess I was never a huge fan of the Planet of the Apes movies. I've seen a couple of them, but I just couldn't get into them. I use to work with a woman who knew all of the dialogue to the movies, and she would act out the different parts. She was too funny. Check out the Hasslein Curve-Planet of the Apes Timeline.

Something cool from my home state of Pennsylvania.

Metafilter's Ask Metafilter has birthed the wiki Read Me.

I once had thought of having a blog all about purple and its many shades. Someone is crazy about turquoise.

Looking for a private place for storing and sharing photos, video, audio, notes, docs, etc. Each is accessible only to those whom you tell exactly where to look. No signup and no account. You don't even have to use your email. Go to Drop. io.

2009 is the bicentenary of Charles Darwin's birth. A group will be launching a sailing replica of the HMS Beagle. They will be performing research both on sea and on land. Read more about on their blog.

All of you folks out there who are making toy purchases this year might want to visit the Healthy Toy Database.

Finally, a knitting and crochet community-Ravelry.

Hmmm, I wonder if there is a pear or lime museum?

I had never heard of the Keisuke Serizawa Calendars before. These were popular with U.S. officers' wives in Japan at the end of WWII.

Oh good grief, someone invented a snowman kit.
I think this is a bit ridiculous, but if they are going to have a man, then they need to have a woman kit. What's wrong with using some items from your home, get creative. When I was a kid we would use and old hat of my dads (he never had a top hat) and an old scarf, etc. Oprah even has a kit listed as one of her favorite things. Now come on O.

This will probably be my last post before the holidays. Everyone have a wonderful holiday. May your hearts be light.

"Backward, turn backward. O time in your flight, Make me a child again-just for tonight." Elizabeth Akers Allen

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." Agnes M. Phar

No comments: