Monday, February 26, 2007

Book Meme

This fun book-themed meme has been going around and I thought I would give it a try.


Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
All. I prefer hardback, but they are expensive and they end up weighing my tote down causing pinched nerves in my shoulder. TMI

Amazon or brick and mortar?
I have purchased form Amazon, but I prefer brick and mortar. I just find it more enjoyable to walk around and allow serendipity to take hold. Yes, you can browse Amazon or Powells, but it's just not the same.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?
I prefere Barnes & Noble, but I seem to end up at Borders because of proximity.

Bookmark or dogear?
Oh, bookmark. And I am like a bookmarking S.W.A.T team member. I hate dog-earing books, using post it notes (the glue from the post-it is bad for the books), etc. I am constantly going through books at my place of work and taking out scraps of paper and post its. Grrrr!!!!

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
I either alphabetize by author or group by subject.

Keep, throw away, or sell?
I tend to keep and now trade with Paperback Swap.

Keep dustjacket or toss it
Keep!

Read with dustjacket or remove it?
I read with the dustjacket on.

Short story or novel?
Novels. I do not care for short stories-AT ALL>

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Like I said-no short stories.

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?
Definiteyl Harry Potter.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
Usually when I get tired. I always have to read before I go to sleep and some nights I find myself reading the same line over and over again. Or the book falls on the floor. Or I do that scary head-jerk thing when I find my head falling down.

Buy or Borrow?
I used to be a huge purchaser, but now I use the library and swap.

New or used?
It doesn't matter to me.

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
I read a lot of book reviews. In the past I have subscribed to book magazines like Pages and the now defunct Book. People also recommend books to me and of course I'm a big browser, so I guess all 3.

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
I tend to like a tidy ending. I read a lot of mysteries and I need to know that good wins out over evil.

Morning reading, afternoon reading or nighttime reading?
Anytime is cool with me.

Standalone or series?
I like both.

Favorite series?
There's too many to name, but right now I'm a lot of Martha Grimes mysteries.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge.

Favorite books read last year?
I loved this book and I'm fairly certain I read it last year- Hidden Kitchens: Stories, Recipes and More from NPR's The Kitchen Sisters by Nikki Silvia and Davia Nelson

Favorite books of all time?
There's too many, and besides The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge, I also adored Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott.

I'm not pegging anyone for this meme, but feel free to give it a try.

"Everyone who know how to read has it in their power to magnify themselves, multiple the ways in which they exist, to make their life full, significant, and interesting."- Aldous Huxley

No comments: