Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolutions

I don't usually make resolutions. I think there are always things in the back of my mind that I would like to accomplish for the new year. Of course for this year there's the biggies-lose weight, definitely find another job. I am going nowhere in this one, I'm bored by job, and it's way past time that I did something else with my life.

What I have been doing for the last few years is try and think of something fun for me to do. Last year I tried not using acronyms. My rules were that I would say the entire word and that it had to be a natural occurance in the course of the conversation. This lasted for a few weeks, but then I noticed that I kept creating conversations where I would have to say Consumer Value Store (CVS) and automated teller machine (ATM) or my favorite deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). So after that started to occur I had to quit my game.

This year I am trying to memorize all of the counties of Maryland. I'm getting better. Yesterday I remembered 20 out of 24. I am also trying to learn all of the countries in Africa. A. is so good at this one. He named almost all of them. I believe there's 66. I am going to try to learn the countries and their capitals.

Other than that I think the only other thing that I will do this year that I haven't been doing is to play my cards closer to my chest. In other words I won't be as free with information about myself as I have been.


"Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others". H. Jackson Brown

No comments: