Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday Round Up

One of my favorite products is WD-40. Now it comes in a convenient no mess pen form. Whoopee!!!!

Oxford University Press, the world's largest university press in has a blog.

Check out these ultra-cool thermoses at Flax Art & Design. Little steep for my pocket, but nevertheless nice.

An online source for all sorts of recalls.

Laptop lunches has some nice lunchboxes, lunch sacks and bento boxes.

I don't know how many of you out there remember the singer Lesley Gore, but she's back. She actually never left. Oh, how I adored her. I can remember listening to It's My Party and Sunshine,Lollipops and Rainbows and thinking I want to sound just like her when I grow up. But, the song that one song that she recorded that gets me every time is You Don't Own Me. Apparently she is still recording and still performing. I would love to see her perform.

Everyone enjoy the long weekend. Happy Birthday Dr. King!!!

"We must meet hate with love. We must meet physical force with soul force. There is still a voice crying out through the vista of time, saying: Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, pray for them that despitefully use you. Then, and only then, can you matriculate into the university of eternal life. That same voice cries out in terms lifted to cosmic proportions: He who lives by the sword will perish by the sword. And history is replete with the bleached bones of nations that failed to follow this command. We must follow nonviolence and love." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: