Friday, January 06, 2006

Friday Round Up

First I would like to say how completely appalled I am that Lynn Swann is running for governor of Pennsylvania. Now I thought Lynn Swann was a great wide receiver when he was a Steeler-granted I really don't like football, but I thought it was cool when he performed this graceful leap over a car that was in the endzone for some strange reason. He was taking ballet to help with his flexibility and I thought that was very cool at the time. Now he's not only running for governor of my home state, he's running as a Republican. I AM CRUSHED!!!!

Now to the round up.

I can recall some of the crazy inquiries we used to get at my previous employer, and also some of the inquiries that were always asking for lists of things. If memory serves this list of inspector generals would have come in quite handy.

Check out these necknooshes. Cool idea and something to do with leftover yarn.

After taking a look at other countries paper money I wonder why America's paper money is so boring.

This is so interesting. A project that is investigating an obscure phenomenon of the Celtic ecclesiastical world-the places in the Northern and Western Isles, and Iceland, where names containing the word papar (priests or monks) occurred.

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) has published a Directory of Persecuted Scientists, Engineers and Health Professionals. (the link will take you to the Adobe document) These are the same folks who publish the wonderful Science magazine.

And last,but not least visit Alan's Mojave Weblog. Apparently the Mojave Desert is full of folks who are crazy about planes. And it appears quite a few planes go there to die. Check it out.

"Speech is conveniently located midway between thought and action, where it often substitutes for both." - John Andrew Holmes

No comments: