Thursday, May 05, 2005

Things I've Learned Lately

I have learned that perhaps it is not a good idea to attempt to do the Six Flags Dancing Man's dance on carpet-OUCH!!

I have learned that there is an amazing man named George Vlosich that does amazing art work on Etch-A-Sketches. Makes me want to run out and purchase and Etch-A-Sketch and give it a try.

I've learned that Kuwati women are not allowed to vote. Grrr!!!!

I've learned that there is an annoying Choose Life license plate on the scene and that 10 states have these plates. The Ohio ACLU is suing because $20.00 of the $30.00 price tag will go to anti-choice organizations. Of course Ohio is not offering Choice license plates for purchase.

I've learned that the British conglomerate Nestle Rowntree has come out with a annoying sexist candy bar.

All 3 of the above items are via Feministing.

I've learned about my linguistic profile:
60% General American English
15% Dixie
15% Yankee
5% Midwestern
5% Upper Midwestern

I can't tell you how disturbed I am about the 15% Dixie. Yikes!!! I've been living below the Mason-Dixon line too,too long.
Find out about yours

I've learned that there are some really cool things that a crafy person can do with old card catalog cards. Check this out.

I've learned that there is a company that sells tiny house kits. Love the Concord Plan.

I've learned that there is a man named Rusty White who has a blog devoted to entertainment industry deaths. His column is on the Entertainment Insiders site. It is quite extensive and a trivia lovers dream. Now most media will state when someone like Marlon Brando dies or Katherine Hepburn. This guy has obituaries on people like Arthur Trugman. Who was Arthur Trugman? Arthur Trugman(d. 11/11/2003) was a graphic artist for NBC. He also was the person who painted the funny comments on Goldie Hawn and Judy Carne on Laugh In. (You know, when they were doing the Watusi in their bikinis). He also covers industry animals like Keiko, the killer whale in the Free Willy movie. Keiko was 27 years old when he died of pneumonia in Norway, December 13, 2003. The author of this extensive site also included an obit for the Concorde-Last Commercial Flight October 24, 2003.

I've learned that yes, you can make a fire from a can of coke and a chocolate bar. Heaven knows,in my effort to consume as much sugar as possible I would prefer to devour both of those items, but it's good to know that they are multi-purpose items.

It's Cinco de Mayo. How I wish I were spending the day sipping on Margaritas and listening to Mariachi music. Ahh!!! Here are a few Cinco de Mayo festivities.

That is all for now.

No comments: