Friday, April 01, 2011

Round Up

Please excuse the run-on style of this entry. I have tried over and over again to edit this entry to no avail. It's April and it is National Poetry Month. So this month why not celebrate on April 14th with Poem in Your Pocket Day. Or take part in the Free Verse Project. Here is a handy dandy events calendar if you are looking for poetry readings and other poetry-related events. I was chatting with someone yesterday about poetry and of course we started talking about our favorite poets. I like lots of poets, but the the poets that I have been reading for years are Emily Dickinson, Lucille Clifton, Langston Hughes, Billy Collins, Mary Oliver and of course William Shakespeare. Who can write a better poem (sonnet) than old Bill Shakespeare. Here is one of my absolute favorite Billy Collins poems entitled Dharma. Corpus Libris is a photoblog of people covering themselves with book covers that depict the part of body they are covering. It's a cold, rainy day (my favorite) and I think a nice Dot Calm would go down nicely. I stumbled across Little Switzerland, North Carolina the other day; a new place to add to my ever growing list. The English Muse has a wonderful blog entry on the gorgeous journals of Rachel Duarte. What fun-Do's and Don'ts of diary-keeping by Michael Palin. I think this chalkboard is so cute. Would I pay that price? Absolutely not. Famous picture book + famouse science fiction book= Good Night Dune. Interesting article on deciphering old texts. A beautiful gown made of Golden Books. Penguin's new hand-sewn book covers (Gotta love Penguin). Adorable embroidered pillowcase. This quilt show is something that I would have loved to have seen. That's all I have for this week. Have a Happy Weekend. "It is difficult to get the news from poems, yet men die miserably every day for lack of what is found there." William Carlos Williams

No comments: